Chicago Employers’ Responsibilities Lawyer
Employers are responsible for keeping their work environments safe for employees. The Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) maintains up-to-date guidelines and regulations for keeping workers safe. Failure to comply with OSHA regulations can lead to workplace accidents.
At Harvey L. Walner & Associates, Ltd., our talented and compassionate Chicago employers’ responsibilities lawyers have more than 75 years of experience winning workers’ compensation claims. Your lawsuit is not just about money, it’s about making sure that your family is taken care of while you are out of work, recovering from your occupational injury.
Employer Responsibilities to Employees
Your employer does not always maintain a safe workplace for all its employees, which can lead to devastating workplace accidents. Here are some of the tasks employers must fulfill:
- Provide employees a safe workplace that complies with OSHA rules and regulations.
- Maintain a workplace that is professionally inspected to ensure it meets these OSHA standards.
- Undergo OSHA compliance training.
- Hang the OSHA poster in a visible, high traffic area to remind workers of their rights.
- Provide employees with the proper safety tools, and sufficiently maintain all equipment.
- Hang the appropriate signs, posters and other warnings to alert workers of potential dangers.
- Keep up-to-date on operating procedures so employees can follow safe health requirements.
Workers’ compensation may be viewed as a “compromise” between employees and employers. This is because workers forgo their right to sue their employer in court for substantial damages, while employers accept responsibility for injuries even if they are not at fault. Sadly, this compromise can cause animosity between the employer and workers’ compensation claimant. This can lead to employer retaliation.
Employer retaliation can include the unjust firing of an employee, but it can also cover a number of discriminatory actions, such as failure to promote, giving you an undeservedly poor review, intimidation or unwarranted disciplinary action, or unreasonably increasing or decreasing your duties.
Contact Our Experienced Chicago Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Today
If you have been a victim of employer retaliation or your employer has not fulfilled their responsibilities to uphold a safe work environment, you have rights. Please contact the personal injury attorneys at Harvey L. Walner & Associates, Ltd. Your initial call to our law firm will not cost you a dime. We offer free consultations and works on a contingency basis, so we charge no fee unless we recover damages for you. You will be surprised at how much difference a personal touch can make in your workers’ compensation case. Our attorneys look forward to working with you.