Verdicts & Settlements
Harvey L. Walner & Associates, Ltd. injury lawyers have over 75 years of aggregate experience. These lawyers have been involved in many types of claims including medical negligence, police brutality, accidents caused by trucks, class actions, mass torts and swimming pool accidents.
Harvey L. Walner & Associates, Ltd. have collected settlements and verdicts in the millions of dollars for their clients. We pride ourselves on the fact that we give 100% of our legal knowledge and skills to obtain “Justice” for our clients. We are currently in suit on a variety of cases having a settlement and/or verdict values in excess of $100 Million dollars.
Specific Cases Settled or Verdicts in excess of $10,000,000:
- $23.5 – Million for the loss of legs in a conveyor belt
- $14.85 – Million Medical Malpractice failure to diagnose a stroke
- $11 – Million Wrongful Death of a mother leaving a 4 year old child
- $10 – Million for the loss of a foot after being run over by a cement truck
Settled or Verdicts in excess of $1,000,000:
- Swimming pool accident causing the death of a twelve year old child
- Claim against a medical laboratory for the misdiagnosis of cervical cancer
- Verdict against a utility company and a municipality for leaving a dumpster on the street without any reflectors or lights, causing client’s vehicle to strike the dumpster and our client to sustain severe brain injury
- Lead counsel in a mass tort action against a municipality and a chemical company
Other Cases with Significant Settlements:
- Verdict against a municipality in federal court for police brutality, when seven police officers assaulted an apartment building custodian
- Auto accident where a truck crossed over a median strip, striking the client’s vehicle and causing his death
- Verdict against an obstetrician for causing Erb’s Palsy in a newborn, due to performing a vaginal delivery when a cesarean section would have been recommended.
- Verdict against an internist for failure to diagnose a Subarachnoid Hemorrhage, causing the death of a mother with two minor children
- $825,000 – Estate for minor, wrongful death and workers comp of deceased parent from tire explosion
- $250,000 –Wrongful death from a motor vehicle accident
- $170,000 –Motor Vehicle accident: neck, back, shoulder, leg and arm injury
- $125,000 –Wrongful death from a motor vehicle accident
- $100,000 –pedestrian struck by motor vehicle: foot run over, limp, left knee and ankle injury
- $90,050 -T-bone motor vehicle accident: neck, back, ribs, shoulders and hip injury.
Contact one of our experienced injury attorneys for a free consultation in Chicago, Illinois.