Jonathan Walner is a Chicago injury attorney whose practice primarily consists of pre-litigation matters involving investigation, documenting, and proving our clients’ personal injury, wrongful death, nursing home, and medical malpractice cases.
Mr. Walner handles an extensive amount of uninsured and underinsured motorist cases. He arbitrates either in three-man panels or with retired judges in many cases for alternative dispute resolution to avoid the lengthy process of litigation, cutting down the time our clients wait to be compensated for their injuries.
The firm was originally Rosner and Walner, which was founded in 1962. Harvey L. Walner, Jon’s father, founded this great firm concentrating on personal injury claims in 1973. Jon has been a shareholder of Walner Law® since 1988. For the last 21 years, Jon has been the President of Walner Law®.
Jon has been married to his wife Julie for 31 years. Julie is the Vice President of one of the largest real estate firms in the country. Jon and his wife support organizations that fight for women’s reproductive rights, early education and after-school welfare for minorities and disadvantaged families, and physically and mentally disabled children. Jon is an advocate for Truth, Hope, and Justice initiative that supports advancing racial equality and police reform. They are the proud parents of their two sons, who are Emory University and Tulane University graduates.
Jon is a member of national and local bars. He has handled significant class action and anti-trust claims. A few notable cases include suing Ticket Master for an illegal monopoly on prices, an anti-trust claim against a resin manufacturer (that was used in engine blocks), and a mass tort case involving 35 deaths and hundreds of other injuries against the city of Milwaukee and Sarah Lee.
Jon has handled complex medical malpractice claims, product liability claims, and life-changing injuries claims from truck accidents. In addition, he has handled several mass tort claims involving transvaginal mesh, prosthetic hip, and knee joint injuries.
When Jon is not working, he loves playing golf, rooting for the Bears and Cubs, enjoying everything Chicago (music, beaches, festivals, architecture, and eating at Chicago’s best hot dog and pizza restaurants), and skiing, hiking, and traveling with his family.
- Illinois State Bar, 1987
- United States District Court Northern District of Illinois, 1987
- Chair appointed Cook County Mandatory Arbitration. Arbitrated more than 75 cases in the Cook County Mandatory Arbitration system; settled over $50 million in personal injury cases; had held many class actions the firm initiated involving over 1 million class members.
- Chicago Bar Association – Member
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association – Member
- Illinois State Bar Association – Member
- American Bar association – Member
- Judge – American Trial Lawyers, Law School Competition
- Lifetime Member University of Michigan Alumni Association
- Fundraiser – University of Michigan Business School
- Keshet School for Children – Co-dinner Chair
- Little City Foundation – Home for Disabled Adults – Co-dinner Chair
- Volunteer Income Tax Assisting Program