Chicago Pharmacy & Prescription Error Lawyer
When you receive a prescription for medication, you expect your pharmacist to accurately fill it. But prescription mistakes occur, and when a pharmacy error causes you harm you need the experienced Chicago pharmacy & prescription error lawyers at Harvey L. Walner & Associates to ensure you are fairly compensated.
While some pharmacy errors may not have a negative impact, others can cause serious health problems and even death. Thousands of Americans die each year as a result of prescription mistakes, and most of these errors are due to dispensing the wrong dosage or the wrong medication. If you have been harmed by pharmacy mistake or prescription medication error, our medical malpractice lawyers will listen to the details of your case and advise you on how to best proceed.
Common Pharmacy Mistakes
In addition to incorrect dosage and the wrong medication, other common pharmacy errors include:
- Failure to identify harmful drug interactions
- Failure to provide adequate information regarding the drug
- Failure to warn of potential drug allergies
- Misfiled prescription or error in reading doctor’s prescription
- Confusion over similar-looking drugs
These mistakes can likewise be caused by a number of factors, such as fewer pharmacists handling more prescriptions and an emphasis on speed over accuracy. Regardless of the cause, if you have experienced personal injury or you’ve lost a loved to wrongful death because of a pharmacy mistake or prescription error, the accomplished medical malpractice attorneys at Harvey L. Walner & Associates are here to help.
Don’t Be a Pharmacy Error Victim
When it comes to prescription errors, the adage “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure” is especially true. On some occasions, there is no cure for the harm a pharmacy error might cause.
Following are some tips that can help you avoid being a victim of a dangerous pharmacy mistake:
- Write down the name of the drug and the dosage prescribed by your doctor
- Double check the label and dosage on the drug when you pick up your prescription
- Open the container and look at the drug to verify it matches your previous prescription or is the same described or shown to you by your doctor
- Verify that the drug has adequate information regarding health risks, including side effects or risks associated with drug interaction
- Ask your pharmacist questions if details seem lacking or incorrect
When You Need a Lawyer from Pharmacy Error Law Firm
If you believe you’ve been harmed by a pharmacy error or prescription mistake, first contact your doctor or hospital immediately to receive treatment for any side effects or complications. Make sure to document everything related to your consumption of the incorrect medication, and do not throw away or return the prescription drugs.
Contact the knowledgeable and compassionate medical malpractice lawyers at Harvey L. Walner & Associates, who will hold the negligent pharmacy or pharmacist accountable for their mistakes. You may be eligible for damages including medical expenses incurred by the prescription mistake, future medical care related to long-term effects from the pharmacy error, lost earnings, and pain and suffering.
If you or a loved one has been harmed due to a pharmacy error or prescription mistake, please contact the Chicago personal injury and medical malpractice attorneys at Harvey L. Walner & Associates law firm for a free consultation.