Chicago Premises Liability Lawyers
We Handle Claims of Property Owner Negligence
When you visit a business, cross a sidewalk or walk down the aisles of a grocery store, you expect a certain level of safety. If that reasonable expectation is betrayed and you are injured, you may have a premises liability case. This kind of claim arises when another person or organization’s negligence contributes to or causes your injury.
Even though the party responsible for your injury may be obvious, premises liability cases are complex. Established laws and ordinances are in place to outline the safety standards that property owners in Illinois must adhere to. Determining which laws apply to your specific claim should be done by the experienced Chicago premises liability lawyers at Harvey L. Walner & Associates, Ltd. Our law firm has 75 years of experience and is dedicated to you, not just your case.
Common Types of Premises Liability Cases
A premises liability claim can happen anywhere at any time.
The most common occurrences of these types of claims include:
- Slip and fall injuries: If another party’s negligence created an unsafe environment that caused you to slip and fall, you could sustain a number of injuries, from broken bones to spinal cord injuries. A slip and fall can be the result of spills and slick floors, icy or poorly maintained sidewalks, or missing handrails.
- Swimming pool accidents: Each year, thousands of injuries occur in private and public pools. A lack of supervision, faulty equipment, or ignorance for acceptable safety standards can lead to a range of swimming pool accidents, from falls on slippery surfaces and diving board accidents to drowning deaths.
- Animal bites: Pet owners are responsible for the actions of their pets. If you are bitten by an aggressive dog or other pet, you can sustain severe scarring and disfigurement. The pet owners should be held responsible for your injuries.
- Rape and assault: Poor lighting, a lack of security, or broken locks can enable a perpetrator to attack you. If this occurs in a bar parking lot, hotel parking garage, or apartment complex, that business may be held responsible.
- Retail accident: If a display falls or a shelf collapses, you could suffer serious head, neck, or back injuries. A store owner or manager must make sure their store does not present a danger to consumers.
Compensation for Your Premises Liability
To hold the property owner liable you must prove:
- Their actions created a hazardous environment that caused your accident
- They knew about the dangerous condition and ignored it
- They failed to properly warn the public about an unsafe situation
A successful premises liability claim could award you damages to cover:
- Medical bills (past and future)
- Lost wages (past and future)
- Pain and suffering (of both you and your family members)
Calling us today will not cost you a dime. You can tell us all the details of your case and the Chicago premises liability lawyers at Harvey L. Walner & Associates, Ltd. can tell you how we can help. If you live in the Chicago area and believe you have a premises liability case, please contact our office today. We work on a contingency basis, meaning we charge no fee unless we win you money.
What Other Parties Can Be At Fault in a Car Accident?
There are, of course, other parties you could take ...
Can I Recover Damages in Drunk Driving Accidents Even if it Was My Fault?
It is so terrible to get hit by a drunk driver, ...
Is It Important to Retain an Attorney for My Illinois Motorcycle Accident Case?
In a motorcycle accident case, everyone believes ...
Loss of Legs in a Conveyor Belt Accident $23.5 Million
Wrongful Death of a Mom with 4-Year-Old Child $11 Million
Loss of Foot After Cement Truck Accident $10 Million
Severe Brain Injury from Unmarked Dump Truck 7 Figures
Verdict against a utility company and a municipality for leaving a dumpster on the street without any reflectors or lights, causing the client’s vehicle to strike the dumpster and our client to sustain a severe brain injury.
Wrongful Death in Swimming Pool Accident 7 Figures
Swimming pool accident causing the death of a 12-year-old child.
Mass Tort Against Municipality & Chemical Company 7 Figures
Lead counsel in a mass tort action against a municipality and a chemical company.
Wrongful Death from a Motor Vehicle Accident $250,000
Motor Vehicle Accident: Neck, Back, Shoulder, Leg & Arm Injury $170,000
Experience on Your Side
Our family-run law firm has more than 75 years of experience standing up for the rights of injured people and families across Chicago.
Thousands of Clients Helped
Our firm has helped over 10,000 clients get the justice they deserve since we opened our doors in 1961.
A Proven Record of Results
Our firm has recovered over $100 millions for our clients and is committed to maximizing your recovery.
We are committed to treating all clients with the dignity and respect they deserve, regardless of their potential case value.
An Extensive Network of Support
Our team of more than 45 legal and medical professionals are dedicated to providing our clients with access to medical experts, treatment, and financial assistance.
“Kristin was so knowledgeable and guided me step by step about my options and kept me in the loop about my case.”- Monica
“I chose Walner Law because they made me feel like a very important client and took consideration of my medical injury at the time.”- Denise
“This law firm was very responsive to my needs and very empathetic about my injury.”- Kyle