Chicago Medication Error Lawyers
Protecting Those Injured by Pharmaceutical Negligence
As a patient, you believe that when your doctor writes your prescription, it has been carefully selected for your particular ailment. We assume that doctors take our medical history into account, and consider potential complications with other medications we are taking. But this is not always true. As a result, 1.5 million patients suffer each year as a result of medication errors.
By prescribing the wrong medication, one negligent doctor, nurse, or pharmacist can alter your view of the entire medical profession.
At Walner Law®, we know that medication errors are dangerous mistakes. Our experienced Chicago medication error lawyersare here with you every step of the way from initiating your claim to collecting your settlement. But we aren’t just here for your successful claim, we are here for you.
Reasons for Medication Errors
Amedication error can be caused by a number of factors. The most common medication error occurs when a patient is issued a higher dosage than they should have.
Other reasons for pharmaceutical mistakes include:
- Sloppy writing:If your prescription is written so sloppily that it is confused with another medication, or if the name is similar to the name of another drug but is not 100% readable, this can lead to a medication error.
- Diagnostic errors:A late diagnosis or misdiagnosis will result in failure to use an indicated diagnostic test and misinterpretation of test results, which can lead to the wrong medication being prescribed.
- Misinterpretation of other medical orders: Failing to follow specific patient orders, such as giving you a medication that you are allergic to, can cause severe injury.
- Blood transfusion errors:If you are given a blood transfusion of the incorrect blood type, this can have fatal consequences.
- Equipment failure:Faulty intravenous pumps and defective drip bag clamps can increase the dosage of a certain medication and lead to serious injury.
Medication errors often have severe consequences, and can result in catastrophic injury and death. You could end up with an illness that should have been prevented.
Contact Our Experienced Chicago Medication Error Lawyers
You can tell us all the details of your case and our qualified lawyers will tell you how we can help. If you have suffered an injury because of a medication error or medical malpractice, please contact our medication mistake attorneys in Chicago. Our law firm will never charge unless we win your case, so please call today.
Are There Time Limits to Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case?
It’s two years from when you knew or you should ...
Should I Accept a Settlement Offer in My Illinois Medical Malpractice Case?
If your loved one is killed or injured in a ...
Is a Misdiagnosis Considered Medical Malpractice?
A misdiagnosis is considered medical malpractice. ...
Failure to Diagnose & Treat a Stroke $14.85 Million
Medical Misdiagnosis of Cervical Cancer 7 Figures
Claim against a medical laboratory for the misdiagnosis of cervical cancer.
Failure to Diagnose a Subarachnoid Hemorrhage Significant Verdict
Verdict against an internist for failure to diagnose a subarachnoid hemorrhage, causing the death of a mother.
Experience on Your Side
Our family-run law firm has more than 75 years of experience standing up for the rights of injured people and families across Chicago.
Thousands of Clients Helped
Our firm has helped over 10,000 clients get the justice they deserve since we opened our doors in 1961.
A Proven Record of Results
Our firm has recovered over $100 millions for our clients and is committed to maximizing your recovery.
We are committed to treating all clients with the dignity and respect they deserve, regardless of their potential case value.
An Extensive Network of Support
Our team of more than 45 legal and medical professionals are dedicated to providing our clients with access to medical experts, treatment, and financial assistance.
“Mr. Walner I am so grateful for your passion dedication and professionalism.”- Herbert
“Kristin was so knowledgeable and guided me step by step about my options and kept me in the loop about my case.”- Monica
“I chose Walner Law because they made me feel like a very important client and took consideration of my medical injury at the time.”- Denise