Negligent Truck Maintenance Lawyer in Chicago
Suing for Accidents Caused by Inadequate Truck Maintenance
For a truck to be safe for use on the road, it needs constant maintenance. There are all sorts of parts that can break and trigger an accident if maintenance is ignored or delayed. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) even has set rules about commercial truck inspections, repairs, and maintenance that truckers and trucking companies must follow to keep their vehicles in tiptop shape.
If you were in a truck accident that you think was caused in part by poor truck maintenance, then let Harvey L. Walner & Associates, Ltd. in Chicago know what happened. We are a team of highly experienced legal professionals who have dealt with major insurance companies on behalf of clients hurt in all sorts of truck accidents. We are available 24/7 for client emergencies, so please do not hessite to call us at (312) 313-2888 whenever you need us.
Want a free case evaluation? Schedule one today.
FMCSA Rules About Truck Maintenance
Truckers and trucking companies need to do all they can to follow FMCSA maintenance regulations. Failing to adhere to these important rules not only increases the risk of a truck accident but also increases the trucking company’s liability if a crash happens.
Some of the most important FMCSA truck maintenance rules are:
- All truck parts must be in working condition while the truck is in use.
- Doors and windows must be inspected every 90 days or less.
- Records must be kept to track the frequency of inspections, maintenance, and repairs.
- Truck drivers must create daily inspection reports at the end of every shift.
- Trucking companies must inspect any vehicle in their fleets once a year at least.
Our Chicago negligent truck maintenance attorneys know how to uncover evidence of negligence and liability. For example, after a client is in a truck accident, we can reach out to the trucker’s employer and instruct them to preserve all maintenance, inspection, and repair records. In doing so, we can protect proof that might tip the case in your favor. If we notify the trucking company to preserve the evidence but they still erase or destroy it, then we could argue that the erasure of the evidence was intentional neglect, further increasing their liability.
Do You Need an Attorney?
You do not technically need an attorney for your truck accident claim after being hit by a poorly maintained commercial truck. Yet there is no denying the many benefits that you can enjoy only with the assistance of a legal professional.
The benefits of working with one of our Chicago negligent maintenance truck accident lawyers are:
- Calculations: You should be paid every cent of compensation you deserve after being hit by a semi-truck. Without familiarity with future medical costs and care, you could struggle to calculate your damages fairly. Our attorneys are here to make certain your damages are calculated correctly and represent what you need, both now and years into the future.
- Efficiency: Delays in a truck accident claim do not benefit the claimant or plaintiff. They will only make you wait longer to get the financial compensation you deserve. An attorney who is familiar with the process and local insurance companies can help keep your case progressing with as few delays as possible.
- Confidence: Perhaps best of all, hiring an attorney to work on your case can instill a sense of confidence. Uncertainty can pile up into serious and distracting stress. But with a lawyer guiding your case, you can feel more confident as the gears keep turning.
We would love to get a chance to talk to you more about your truck accident that was caused by poor vehicle maintenance. Please reach out to our firm at your first opportunity to schedule a free consultation.
What Other Parties Can Be At Fault in a Car Accident?
There are, of course, other parties you could take ...
Can I Recover Damages in Drunk Driving Accidents Even if it Was My Fault?
It is so terrible to get hit by a drunk driver, ...
Is It Important to Retain an Attorney for My Illinois Motorcycle Accident Case?
In a motorcycle accident case, everyone believes ...
Loss of Legs in a Conveyor Belt Accident $23.5 Million
Wrongful Death of a Mom with 4-Year-Old Child $11 Million
Loss of Foot After Cement Truck Accident $10 Million
Severe Brain Injury from Unmarked Dump Truck 7 Figures
Verdict against a utility company and a municipality for leaving a dumpster on the street without any reflectors or lights, causing the client’s vehicle to strike the dumpster and our client to sustain a severe brain injury.
Wrongful Death in Swimming Pool Accident 7 Figures
Swimming pool accident causing the death of a 12-year-old child.
Mass Tort Against Municipality & Chemical Company 7 Figures
Lead counsel in a mass tort action against a municipality and a chemical company.
Wrongful Death from a Motor Vehicle Accident $250,000
Motor Vehicle Accident: Neck, Back, Shoulder, Leg & Arm Injury $170,000
Experience on Your Side
Our family-run law firm has more than 75 years of experience standing up for the rights of injured people and families across Chicago.
Thousands of Clients Helped
Our firm has helped over 10,000 clients get the justice they deserve since we opened our doors in 1961.
A Proven Record of Results
Our firm has recovered over $100 millions for our clients and is committed to maximizing your recovery.
We are committed to treating all clients with the dignity and respect they deserve, regardless of their potential case value.
An Extensive Network of Support
Our team of more than 45 legal and medical professionals are dedicated to providing our clients with access to medical experts, treatment, and financial assistance.
“Kristin was so knowledgeable and guided me step by step about my options and kept me in the loop about my case.”- Monica
“I chose Walner Law because they made me feel like a very important client and took consideration of my medical injury at the time.”- Denise
“This law firm was very responsive to my needs and very empathetic about my injury.”- Kyle