Our team is here for you during the COVID-19 pandemic. To serve you, we will be conducting all consultations virtually. Please contact us if you have any questions.


How Do I Get Lost Wages After A Workplace Injury In Illinois?

The fastest way for most injured Illinois workers to replace lost wages is to file a Workers’ Compensation claim. However, Workers’ Compensation only replaces a portion of your wages. You may be entitled to full and future lost wages, along with compensation for other damages, through a personal injury lawsuit against a third party. Social Security Disability benefits may also be available to you. Our workplace injury attorneys can help you determine the right course of action so that you can receive maximum compensation for your injuries.

Workers’ Compensation

A Workers’ Compensation claim is a no-fault insurance claim, not a lawsuit. You should file right away so that you can start receiving a weekly check as soon as possible.

You can receive up to two-thirds of your lost wages, for as long as you are unable to work. If you are able to return to light duty for reduced pay, you can receive two-thirds of the difference. Although you cannot receive your full wages, it is tax-free.

In some cases, you can choose a lump-sum payment, rather than weekly payments.

Why You Need an Attorney for Your Workers' Comp Case

You are not required to have an attorney help you with your Workers’ Compensation claim, but you should. Any mistake that you make when filing your claim or at any point in the Workers’ Compensation process can mean denial or reduction of our claim. Although it is a no-fault system, employers and their insurance companies often try to deny, reduce, or cut short Workers’ Compensation benefits.

Illinois Workers’ Compensation law requires most employers to carry Workers’ Compensation insurance coverage for most employees. There are some exceptions, and some workers are not employees. If you are not eligible for Workers’ Compensation benefits, you still have options for recovering your lost wages

To learn more about Workers’ Compensation in Illinois, and your other options for recovering your lost wages when you have been injured on the job, call us today at (312) 313-2888.