Our team is here for you during the COVID-19 pandemic. To serve you, we will be conducting all consultations virtually. Please contact us if you have any questions.

man on the phone with an insurance company

Should I Provide a Recorded Statement?

In the aftermath of a car accident, you are going to be working with insurance companies and legal counsel to determine what compensation you may receive. Unfortunately, dealing with an insurance company with no obligation to you can be stressful and plenty of challenges may arise.

One of the problems you may encounter is insurance adjusters who want to have you provide a recorded statement. Insurance companies will claim that this is done for quality and training purposes, but what purpose does a recorded statement have in your claim?

The Real Purpose of a Recorded Statement

Recorded statements are there to benefit insurance companies and adjusters. They want you to make statements that damage your ability to obtain compensation, and they’ll have a recording of it to use against you when it comes time to make a decision.

A recorded statement is something insurance adjusters use to listen for discrepancies or uncertainties in your story. Also, if you apologize for anything during the recorded statement, they may use that apology as an admission of fault and deny your claim.

Your Rights with a Recorded Statement

Insurance adjusters act friendly. They want you to feel that you can trust them to do the right thing during a challenging situation. However, they do this because they’re trying to pay out as little as possible. You don’t have to provide a recorded statement without having a lawyer to help you through the process. A lawyer can protect your statement and help prevent adjusters from taking advantage of your rights.

At Walner Law®, we stand in your corner from start to finish. We put you first every step of the way, and you can count on our Chicago car accident lawyers to be there when you need us most. We go to bat for you, seeking maximum compensation on your behalf.

Call us at (312) 313-2888 today and discuss your potential rights to obtain compensation.