What Should I Do After an Accident?
The immediate aftermath of a significant wreck is quite important. Chicago auto accident lawyer Jon Walner has seen innocent victims lose their best chance at justice and compensation as a result of understandable mistakes made immediately after an accident.
It’s important to start thinking about your legal rights as soon as you can after an accident. That’s why we advise you to:
- Exchange insurance information with other drivers- do so respectfully, but do not admit any fault in the accident
- Document the accident extensively by taking as many photographs as possible of the accident and the surrounding environment
- Seek medical attention immediately
- Do not sign any agreements or settlement offers from the insurance company
- Gather any documents generated after the accident- this includes police reports, insurance filings and medical records.
- Speak with our Chicago auto accident lawyer as soon as possible
The final step is particularly important. Even if you assume you won’t be pursuing a claim, you want to protect your rights. We offer free consultations to all prospective clients, and the consultation comes with no obligations. Speaking to us will not bind you to any course of action.
If you live in the Chicago, Illinois area and you’ve been the victim of negligence, you should speak to our auto accident lawyer as soon as possible. Please call Harvey L. Walner & Associates, Ltd. at 312-800-0000 for a free consultation or contact us online.