Chicago Defective Vehicle Accident Lawyers
Vehicle Manufacturers and Mechanics Could Be Held Liable for Your Injuries
A defective vehicle can turn a survivable accident into a deadly one. A vehicle with defective parts can also cause an accident, which can lead to serious injuries and even death.
At Walner Law®, our Chicago defective vehicle accident lawyers pride themselves on offering our clients personal attention and support through every step of the process when they file an accident claim. What matters to us is not the big settlement number we win, but how to maximize the amount you can take home and keep. But we don’t work for the money, we work for you.
Motor Vehicle Accidents Caused by Defects
Vehicle defects can be caused by a design flaw. Sometimes a defective vehicle part will function normally for a while and then suddenly fail, causing a car crash. Other times, the defective part will fail immediately. Either way, both parties in the front seat and the back seat can be injured or fatally wounded as a result of this accident.
Vehicle defects that can lead to catastrophic motor vehicle accidents include:
- Faulty brakes
- Spontaneous acceleration
- Flawed steering systems
- Defective tires
- Door latch failures
- Faulty lights
- Inappropriate pairing of trailers with SUVs
- Incorrect or incomplete instruction manuals or safety warnings
Defective Safety Parts
When vehicles we trust fail to keep us safe, the most tragic car accidents can occur. Defective safety devices can also cause injuries that would not have occurred had the part worked properly. Sometimes, when a safety device malfunctions, we are safer if we had not used them at all.
Safety parts that have been known to fail include:
- Airbags: When an airbag fails during a collision, you can become seriously injured. Random deployment can cause you to lose control of your vehicle while driving. An airbag that deployed too aggressively can cause broken bones, burns, neck injuries, and spinal cord injuries. On the other hand, an airbag that fails to deploy can also increase your risk of injuries.
- Seat belts: Seatbelts can be poorly designed or cheaply made, which can cause them to unlatch or fail to retract. A seatbelt may also have a flawed door-mounted shoulder strap that can cause you to be ejected from the vehicle. This situation is more dangerous than if you were to wear no seatbelt at all.
- Car seats: These malfunctions are some of the most tragic, as a small child becomes injured when a car seat or booster seat
in your back seat fails. Defective car seats may have shoulder straps or buckles in the child restraint system that loosen on their own, inadequate padding, or confusing instructions that lead to improper installation. Our Chicago car seat lawyers are here to help you receive compensation for medical bills and other damages associated with child injury and fatal injuries occurring in the event of a crash.
- Door latches: During a car accident, if your door latch fails and your door swings open, you are at a high risk of ejection. If your door swings open unexpectedly, this can cause panic and lead to an accident.
Car Manufacturer Negligence Can Be Deadly
Motorists can face severe injury or fatalities when the negligent party (your car manufacturer) fails to take the necessary steps to make sure occupants are protected. Issues can occur in many areas of the vehicle such as problems with the steering wheel or defective airbags. Another major lawsuit we encounter from motor vehicle accidents is rollover accident claims.
Rollovers refer to a vehicle flipping over onto its roof or side and are known to be deadlier than car accidents in which rollovers do not occur. These accidents are often due to poor design on older models that do not have Electronic Stability Control (ESC). More importantly, these accidents are often single-party accidents that occur while driving normally, not due to drinking alcohol, driving distracted (sending a text message or engaging in a phone call), or speeding.
If we can discover the cause of the automobile accident, our lawyers can help you get the fair compensation that you deserve for these vehicle defects.
Our Attorneys Can Answer Your Questions Today
The lawyers at Walner Law® are here to win you the money you deserve. If you live in the Chicago area and have been injured because of a defective vehicle, please call or email our office today. We offer free consultations and will never charge unless we get money for you.