Chicago Defective Vehicle Accident Lawyers
Vehicle Manufacturers and Mechanics Could be Held Liable for Your Injuries
A defective vehicle can turn a survivable accident into a deadly one. A vehicle with defective parts can also cause an accident, which can lead to serious injuries and death.
At Walner Law®, our Chicago defective vehicle accident lawyers pride ourselves on offering our clients personal attention. What matters to us is not the big settlement number we win, but how to maximize the amount you can take home and keep. But we don’t work for the money, we work for you.
Motor Vehicle Accidents Caused by Defects
Vehicle defects can be caused by a design flaw. Sometimes a defective vehicle part will function normally for a while and then suddenly fail. Other times, the defective part will fail immediately.
Vehicle defects that can lead to catastrophic motor vehicle accidents include:
- Faulty brakes
- Spontaneous acceleration
- Flawed steering systems
- Defective tires
- Door latch failures
- Faulty lights
- Inappropriate pairing of trailers with SUVs
- Incorrect or incomplete instruction manuals or safety warnings
Defective Safety Parts
When vehicles we trust fail to keep us safe, the most tragic car accidents can occur. Defective safety devices can also cause injuries that would not have occurred had the part worked properly. Sometimes, when a safety device malfunctions, we are safer if we had not used them at all.
Safety parts that have been known to fail include:
- Airbags: When an airbag fails during a collision, you can become seriously injured. Random deployment can cause you to lose control of your vehicle while driving. An airbag that deploys too aggressively can cause broken bones, burns, neck injuries, and spinal cord injuries. On the other hand, an airbag that fails to deploy can also increase your risk of injuries.
- Seatbelts: Seatbelts can be poorly designed or cheaply made, which can cause them to unlatch or fail to retract. A seatbelt may also have a flawed door-mounted shoulder strap that can cause you to be ejected from the vehicle. This situation is more dangerous than if you were to wear no seatbelt at all.
- Car seats: These malfunctions are some of the most tragic, as a small child becomes injured when a car seat fails. Defective car seats may have shoulder straps or buckles that loosen on their own, inadequate padding, or confusing instructions that lead to improper installation.
- Door latches: During a car accident, if your door latch fails and your door swings open, you are at a high risk of ejection. If your door swings open unexpectedly, this can cause panic and lead to an accident.
Our Attorneys Can Answer Your Questions Today
The lawyers at Walner Law® are here to win you the money you deserve. If you live in the Chicago area and have been injured because of a defective vehicle, please call or email our office today. We offer free consultations and will never charge unless we get money for you.
What Other Parties Can Be At Fault in a Car Accident?
There are, of course, other parties you could take ...
Can I Recover Damages in Drunk Driving Accidents Even if it Was My Fault?
It is so terrible to get hit by a drunk driver, ...
Is It Important to Retain an Attorney for My Illinois Motorcycle Accident Case?
In a motorcycle accident case, everyone believes ...
Loss of Legs in a Conveyor Belt Accident $23.5 Million
Wrongful Death of a Mom with 4-Year-Old Child $11 Million
Loss of Foot After Cement Truck Accident $10 Million
Severe Brain Injury from Unmarked Dump Truck 7 Figures
Verdict against a utility company and a municipality for leaving a dumpster on the street without any reflectors or lights, causing the client’s vehicle to strike the dumpster and our client to sustain a severe brain injury.
Wrongful Death in Swimming Pool Accident 7 Figures
Swimming pool accident causing the death of a 12-year-old child.
Mass Tort Against Municipality & Chemical Company 7 Figures
Lead counsel in a mass tort action against a municipality and a chemical company.
Wrongful Death from a Motor Vehicle Accident $250,000
Motor Vehicle Accident: Neck, Back, Shoulder, Leg & Arm Injury $170,000
Experience on Your Side
Our family-run law firm has more than 75 years of experience standing up for the rights of injured people and families across Chicago.
Thousands of Clients Helped
Our firm has helped over 10,000 clients get the justice they deserve since we opened our doors in 1961.
A Proven Record of Results
Our firm has recovered over $100 millions for our clients and is committed to maximizing your recovery.
We are committed to treating all clients with the dignity and respect they deserve, regardless of their potential case value.
An Extensive Network of Support
Our team of more than 45 legal and medical professionals are dedicated to providing our clients with access to medical experts, treatment, and financial assistance.
“Kristin was so knowledgeable and guided me step by step about my options and kept me in the loop about my case.”- Monica
“I chose Walner Law because they made me feel like a very important client and took consideration of my medical injury at the time.”- Denise
“This law firm was very responsive to my needs and very empathetic about my injury.”- Kyle